Southern, Thameslink, Great Northern and Gatwick Express services between Friday 29 September and Friday 6 October 2023 inclusive, will be affected by ASLEF industrial action:
Saturday 30 September & Wednesday 4 October – ASLEF strike action – No Thameslink, Southern, Great Northern or Gatwick Express service in any location other than a limited direct shuttle service between Gatwick Airport and London Victoria only.
Sunday 1 October – Disruption to services before 07:00.
Friday 29 September, Monday 2 October, Tuesday 3 October, Thursday 5 October, Friday 6 October – ASLEF overtime ban – An amended timetable with fewer services will run. Services will be busy, especially during peak hours and customers are advised that they should allow additional time as they may need to queue and may not be able to board their chosen service.
Journey planners such as www.nationalrail.co.uk are planned to be updated as follows to support customers in planning their journeys:
- Friday 29 September (Available now)
- Saturday 30 September – ASLEF strike date (Available now)
- Sunday 1 October (Available now, except for pre-07:00. Early morning services will be available in journey planners from Saturday 30 September)
- Monday 2 October (Wednesday 27 September)
- Tuesday 3 October (Wednesday 27 September)
- Wednesday 4 October – ASLEF strike date (Wednesday 27 September)
- Thursday 5 October (Friday 29 September) – Please note, some routes will have no service before 07:00 due to the knock-on impact of the strike the previous day.
- Friday 6 October (Friday 29 September)
A summary for customers is available on the industrial action pages of websites such as www.thameslinkrailway.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/industrial-action