Message from Southern Gas Networks (SGN) regarding essential gas upgrade works on London Road South (A23) Redhill
I’m writing to you to make you aware of our upcoming project to upgrade our gas network in London Road South (A23), Redhill. This project involves us replacing our existing gas mains and services in the area with new plastic pipe, although we will only be replacing our gas mains at this stage.
Our essential work will ensure your community receives a continued and reliable gas supply for many years to come. We’re working closely with UK Government and public health bodies to make sure we carry out our project in line with all current coronavirus safety guidance. We shouldn’t need to interrupt gas supplies to homes or businesses, and our engineers won’t be calling at residents’ home.
We’re looking to start work in London Road South (A23) on 15 June 2020. Our project will be carried out by our contractor Medway Civils & Utilities who will undertake this work on our behalf.
- On 15 June 2020 for approximately 8 weeks, we will be working on London Road South (A23) from Gatton Park Road/London Road to outside number 38 London Road South
- We will start at the junction with Battlebridge Lane and the junction with Fairhaven Road
- During this time, we will need to implement two-way temporary lights to ensure traffic can safely flow around our works
- Once complete, we will work from the junction with Battlebridge Lane towards number 38 London Road
- During this time, we will need to implement two-way temporary lights to ensure safe flow of traffic around this section of works
- From the week commencing 20 July 2020, we will need to implement multi-way signals around the junction with Gatton Park/London Road, for the remainder of the project
- Please note, during the week commencing 13 July 2020, there are nearby works taking place on the M23. We will therefore remove temporary lights we have in use during this time, especially overnight
- Throughout, all temporary signals will be manually controlled from 7.30am to 6.30pm
- The team will be working extended hours where necessary to complete the work within the allocated time
- Vehicle and pedestrian access will be maintained throughout
We have extra safety precautions in place to protect our colleagues and our communities from the virus. Our colleagues will be keeping to social distancing guidelines on our sites and we’d ask communities to keep their distance too. There’s more information about our coronavirus response on our website: sgn.co.uk/coronavirus