As the Coronavirus situation evolves, please be assured that both Reigate and Banstead Borough Council and Surrey County Council are organising themselves to deal with this emergency and do all they can to support the local community.
There are a number of places where the public can obtain information and support:
- Reigate and Banstead Borough Council has an updated web-page on Coronavirus related issues which is worth visiting regularly for information, signposting for constituents who may want to volunteer their time to help others, or help with financial issues including personal allowances and business rates relief here: http://www.reigate-banstead.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Please also read updates from the leader of the Council, Cllr Mark Brunt, here: http://www.reigate-banstead.gov.uk/news/article/236/coronavirus_update_from_the_leader
- You can also receive information from Reigate and Banstead Borough Council on Twitter here https://twitter.com/reigatebanstead, Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/reigatebanstead and Linked In here https://www.linkedin.com/company/reigate-&-banstead-borough-council/
- Reigate Town Hall is currently open only for urgent issues as most staff are working from home to adhere to social isolation guidance.
- Community Groups who are offering help at this time should contact email@example.com so that the council can keep track of the work that groups are doing and coordinate initiatives.
- Surrey County Council also has a Coronavirus web-page at https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/people-and-community/emergency-planning-and-community-safety/coronavirus
- Constituents who are isolated, and need information about what help is available can call Surrey County Council on 0300 200 1008.
- Surrey County Council is also hosting our Local Resilience Forum (LRF). LRFs are multi-agency partnerships made up of representatives from local public services, including the emergency services, local authorities, the NHS, and others, to deal with the crisis. Contact details for LRFs can be found on GOV.UK:https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-resilience-forums-contact-details
I will be closely supporting initiatives by both Surrey and Reigate and Banstead councils and providing local liaison support with Central Government where required. I will also be responding to correspondence from constituents on issues that are of high importance, bearing in mind the general situation, and providing updates and information through this web-page. You can read my latest update here: