A reminder to local businesses that have closed, or been severely affected by the current restrictions such as those businesses in the supply chain, that they may be eligible for the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
Details can be found here:
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council has been allocated funding for ARG funding by the Government to cover the years 2020/21 and 2021/22. While the Government has made this funding available to Local Authorities and provided guidance, it is up to Local Authorities to use their discretion about how best to use it to support local businesses.
The funding available to the following business types:
- Businesses that have been required to close by the government, but do not qualify for the Local Restrictions Support Grants as they are not liable for business rates.
- Where a business has not been required to close, then Reigate & Banstead will consider the fixed costs of that business, including rent and business rates. Where the business does not pay rent or business rates, then Reigate & Banstead will consider other unavoidable business-related fixed costs and will estimate the rateable value of the premises that the business is operating from. Fixed costs must be in the name of the business applying for a grant.
- Priority will be given to those businesses that, whilst not being required to close, have been affected by the closure of other businesses - in particular, those businesses in the supply chain to closed businesses. This would include businesses that supply the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors, or businesses in the events sector.
- Any business applying must be operating within the boundaries of Reigate & Banstead Borough Council.
- Businesses and organisations that provide support to local communities within the local authority area, and where the restrictions have impacted on their income.
- Businesses will be required to demonstrate that they have been severely impacted by the national restrictions, and provide the evidence requested on the form.
- Awards will be made to cover the relevant national or local restriction periods, currently from 5 January 2021 to 15 February 2021, in line with grants paid under the Local Restrictions Grant Scheme.
- In line with the Local Restrictions Grant Scheme, there will be three levels of payments for the 6-week period of national lockdown restrictions. These will be £2,001, £3,000 and £4,500. For previous application windows, please refer to the terms and conditions.